1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

She is crazy as a bedbug, that woman.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"We're gonna drain the swamp and make America great again! And we'll start it ... RIGHT HERE, IN CINCINNATI, OHIO!" (thumb's up).

Batman likes this.
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

But the perks, well.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I mean, how any sane person can think this ...

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And Comey hasn't even testified yet!

Neutral Corner and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What's the lawyer supposed to say, "Gosh, this looks real bad for us"? He's Trump's longtime personal attorney with no experience in this kind of thing, and it will show soon. But this is SOP.

7. CD Boogie

B
    #winning!

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

If the spooks really wanted to get out of it, maybe they should have tried to buy him off with a military commission, maybe all the way to the rank of ... Colonel?

Watch Colonel Angus Comes Home from Saturday Night Live on NBC.com

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

How to run an online business:

Step 1: Call your regular customers a bunch of jerks.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Seriously, by privileges, I meant the "moderating tools" that made it so I had started a post on a thread that got locked by another moderator before I hit the post button (I was busy working and was taking my time scratching out a post). ... and I didn't realize the idiocy that had ruined the thread (tiring in itself), or the fact that it was locked by the time I hit the post button.

That led to a couple of people who bitch about every perceived slight, and see an evil plot in every moderating decision on here, getting their knickers in a bunch. One, who takes a shot a day at me on random threads, immediately ran here to post about my nefarious behavior. Another reported the post, and characterized it as me my "abuse" of my "privileges." I can usually laugh off the same people demonstrating that they need to get a life, but I have bad days too. It gets really old sometimes.

11. CD Boogie

TL; DR

Just kidding.

This thread is the worst by a long shot. Rare to see an honest exchange of enlightening or humorous information. It spools out like a roll of toilet paper in between visits, and you can rest assured ya didn't miss shit and need to go back and read up. Not true of most other threads.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm not running a business. And you are not my customer. I am a member of the board, just as you are. And just as you see certain behavior on here sometimes, and think, "what a jerk," guess what, I have those thoughts, too.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.