1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I should think the worst part of moderating is not getting to ignore anybody. Wouldn't do it for the Bruins' bar tab. [/crossthread]

MileHigh and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Forgive me. Allow me to rephrase:

Step 1: Choose moderators who call your regular customers a bunch of jerks.

Yes, that changes the point entirely.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

So Link Wray's kid got the FBI gig?

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Speaking of Russia, Jesse Ventura has a new platform:

"I am working for the enemy of mainstream media now," Ventura said of "The World According to Jesse," a variety show airing Fridays beginning this month on RT America, the Washington D.C. arm of the international network RT. The network formerly known as Russia Today is funded by the government and touts itself as bringing "the Russian view on global news."

That's fine, the man has a right to work where he chooses. But he is referred to as a Navy SEAL. He wasn't. He served honorably as a member of the U.S. Navy Underwater Demolition Team.

Ventura is loyal to the network in part because he and his wife, Terry, lost his union health insurance in 2016 with the Screen Actors Guild-AFTRA, because he was doing too little union-related work.

"I was in a panic," he recalled. He called RT, where he already had a contract, and the network enrolled him in a health insurance plan in 10 days. "Russian Television saved my wife and I," he said.

During lunch of a grilled cheese sandwich and a side of coleslaw at a White Bear Lake restaurant, Ventura said he continues to pride himself on being in top condition. He spends hours lifting weights and exercising on an elliptical machine. He weighs 220 pounds, less than he did when he finished his tour of duty in the Navy SEALs during the Vietnam War.

Ventura says he was flown to Moscow by RT to attend the 10th anniversary of the network in December 2015 and where the featured speaker was Putin. This appears to have been the same dinner attended by Michael Flynn, Trump's short-lived national security adviser who was forced to resign after 24 days in part due to his communications with the Russian ambassador. Flynn's resignation is part of growing scrutiny into Russia's influence on the 2016 election.

Former Gov. Jesse Ventura has a new gig — on Russian television

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And now you are the one dragging it out, and going after other board members in the process. You also had posters jump in to point out that you had corrected the issue and I said you handled it properly once advised of the problem with your post.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And we're surprised by this?

[​IMG]

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Original Webby sent me a t-shirt that I wore with pride for a number of years. It wore out before I did.

I'll repeat what I've often said about moderating - most of the time, it is fine. I've met so many people through here, live and in person. And many others I feel like I know. They're good folks, some have become excellent friends. I'd cut my own head off it would help a lot of the people on here.

A small portion? Absolute fucking crazies, incredible assholes, total pieces of crap. A VERY small portion, I might add, and most every day they're a total non-factor. Now and then, they make me want to punch something or someone (which I never do).

Rewards far outweigh the aggravation. Like when Cranberry picks up the tab. Or the late, great Arnold_Babar has a bunch of us loons IN HIS HOUSE without knowing shit about most of us other than what we post here and it works. I could go on but I have to go delete some shit and arbitrarily be an asshole. And also walk the dog.

9. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

This is kind of a surprise. A welcome surprise.

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Still have the Gophers hockey cap I bought on my only trip to Mall of America in 99, but if I had it to do over would have sprung for the "My governor can beat up your governor" T-shirt instead.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I encourage reporters to follow the money and see if it is, in fact, donated. The alleged president boasted about various donations that the Post proved he never made.

HanSenSE and gingerbread like this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Identity politics leads to very bad places.

[​IMG]

doctorquant and LongTimeListener like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.