1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

@Moderator1 sorry to hear about the t-shirt. SJ thong still holding up, I surmise?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Jewish granddaughter of Holocaust survivors is Wonder Woman and that's not mind blowing enough? Dear Ms. Abraham, please get 400 million dollars and you can produce anything with fat femme women of color.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Did it include a release of civil claims? If so, savvy but not a real mea culpa.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There's a problem with our vetting process.

5. YankeeFan

If the YouTube video hadn't gotten attention, this lecture wouldn't have been considered controversial, and we'd all be told that this was just a nice, moderate mosque.

A Virginia mosque has publicly condemned the words of its leading imam, highlighting lingering divisions among Muslim leaders over the controversial and widely rejected practice of female genital mutilation.
    In his lecture, a video of which appeared on the mosque’s YouTube channel, Elsayed spoke about circumcision as the cutting of “the tip of the sexually sensitive part of the girl so that she is not hypersexually active.” He warned about the dangers of more serious forms of the procedure, but advised congregants to seek the advice of a Muslim gynecologist to see whether minimal action was necessary. He also warned that “in societies where circumcision of girls is completely prohibited, hypersexuality takes over the entire society and a woman is not satisfied with one person or two or three.”
    Dar al-Hijrah, one of the nation’s largest mosques with about 3,000 regular congregants from more than 20 countries, has sought for years to scrub its image, after it became the focus of public scrutiny and FBI investigations following 9/11. A former imam, Anwar al-Awlaki, became one of the most recognizable global proponents of extremist ideology years after he left Dar al-Hijrah. And two of the 9/11 hijackers, along with Fort Hood shooter, Maj. Nidal M. Hasan, all worshiped there at some point.

A Virginia imam said female genital mutilation prevents ‘hypersexuality,’ leading to calls for his dismissal

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Cleaning up dog's poop. Cleaning up our BS. I'd walk the dog too.

MileHigh likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

God you're a kiss ass.

Are you like this in real life?

QYFW likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I like Moddy. He gave me some really good advice about being a manager years ago (which I doubt he remembers). And I like his dog pics on IG.

P.S. Trump must be having a really bad day for you to go to the fallback Muslim bashing and lashing out at me.

HanSenSE and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  9. YankeeFan

The one FGM story is from today. The other is 48 hours old, but I just saw it.

I guess we only give a shit about women's rights if we're talking about white women, not little girls of color.

And, I think Moddy is great. I hope he knows that. I don't feel the need to kiss his ass at every turn though, and like every post of his where he's scolding someone.

You come across as a real brown noser.

doctorquant and QYFW like this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Pretty stupid overreaction to someone respecting someone else. You have some poor judgement when it comes to stuff like this and justifying Trump trashing McCain.

Makes you lose credibility on actual debatable issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.