1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What a hack.
    A sports writer worth his salt would have quoted a Springsteen song.

cjericho likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

LOL Buccos.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Watson is a disaster as the closer, but keeping Rivero from closing keeps him cheaper during those arbitration years. I can't say I disagree with the approach if that is what the Pirates are doing. They are already seven games below .500 and even in a diminished NL Central, they aren't going anywhere this season.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Their idiot fans, most of whom couldn't pick Andre Dawson out of a lineup of white guys, won't give a shit. I have friends who consider combatting domestic violence their life's work who defended the Aroldis Chapman trade to the death.

Go team.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

If he did hit her, then he should be punished. But if this is due to an accusation made by his wife's friend, it's pretty much a crock of shit. When someone is arrested, he is innocent until proven guilty. Now, the team/MLB is going to start investigating over what his wife's friend said?

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Don't forget Patrick Kane.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't they investigate? If there is nothing there they move on. If they don't investigate and the allegations turn out to be true, what happens then?

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

How *exactly* do you think someone is "proven guilty" without an investigation? That's what the investigation is for. Deciding if a person is innocent or guilty.

LongTimeListener and Hermes like this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

But where's the evidence? Why are they investigating there's no evidence! /YF

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

I think someone is "proven guilty" by first being arrested. That would happen with someone calling the police. Unless something was missing from that article it said wife's friend made an accusation. Guess the Cubs and MLB get to act like law enforcement.

Draft saved Draft deleted