1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nixon would have been @TheOriginalDick

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At this point, any form of "What about Hillary?" from a senator is toadying bullshit in service of a man they know is an unfit sociopath. People should laugh in their face any time they claim to be patriotic.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

McCain making good use of his remaining time.*

*in this hearing and a larger sense.

4. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

WTF is McCain on about?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

McCain is coming off, to me at least, as senile. He is conflating Hillary Clinton's e-mail server with the the Russian tampering with the election investigation, and he makes no sense.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think we just outed YF.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I hope it's senility and not that he has decided to go in the tank for Trump. But I think it's the latter.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's a sad habit with Senators as it is with jocks. They stay one term too long, and it all comes apart.

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I actually do think there's something to this. The problem is that Trump doesn't seem to be learning, or trying to learn. And he won't stop tweeting.

And James Comey has always struck me as one of the most intelligent, savvy people there is in current politics. Trump would have been better off keeping him on the job, and, thereby, under his authority. If Trump wanted, he could've looked at it as keeping his friends close, and his enemies closer.

Although I don't think Comey was exactly an enemy, and would have had the stones and integrity to stand up, to Trump, and for Trump, and always do his best to protect America's interests if and when ever that was indicated it should be done, whatever Comey's actually actual feelings toward his boss might have been.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Somebody stroked Johnny a fat check.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Did you vote for Trump?

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Nope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.