1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My point was he won't be able to get too far to the right. For those freaked out he'd be worse than Trump, I'd say it won't be as bad as it could just because there's going to be a lot of CYA going on. Usual Republican agenda but not much more.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This "Trump is just a political neophyte" tact is unbelievable to me: "Well, it's OK, the president is just stupid. He didn't mean any harm."

Mind you, even if you REALLY believe that nonsense, how do you reconcile him having the nuclear codes?

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

McCain sounds bad. Wow.

4. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

YF wouldn't have been able to forget Trump's name

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Including Nixon's tenure. ... has a White House Press Secretary ever before uttered the words, "I can definitely say the President is not a liar"?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Certainly Bill Clinton's, in some form.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"Remember that time I said you weren't a hero because you were a POW? Remember that?"

"Oh, no big deal, Ron."

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Actually, if you remember McClarty, he was damn careful never to say anything like that and to keep as uninformed on the Lewinsky case as possible. Because he wasn't dumb and she is.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

One thing we know about Trump: No matter how loyal you have been to him, he'll toss you overboard at the first sign your presence might become even slightly inconvenient. So why was (is) he so hot to trot when it comes to protecting Gen. Flynn? That's the thread worth pulling on.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Not to go all "Whaddabout ...?" here, but this kind of speaks to the notion that Comey's documenting his meetings with Trump is somehow informative w.r.t. Trump's character. If I had to deal with any of those fuckers -- Trump, Herself, Obama, Bubba, Dubya -- you bet your ass I'd document everything.

Hermes likes this.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So ... how does Trump resist Comey's dare to release the office tapes? He will be obsessed about addressing that, won't he?

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

He's a good man, Dixie. A good man. Now I'm going to stare creepily into your eyes as we share a long awkward pause.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.