1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I wanna see what happens in the Georgia special election before I guess which way Congressional republicans will treat Trump heading into 2018. These special elections have been (California excepted) in supposedly deeply safe Republican districts but have been coming up way closer than normal. But winning by less than normal won't clinch sphincters the way a Democrat winning a district that went 61% for the both the last Republican house candidata and Romney, but just 48% for Trump.

The Democratic candidate has narrowly led the recent polls, but special election polls are traditionally shit, so who really knows

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I assume he's referring to obstruction, but I had to take the screed to get the bottom portion. Another assuredly coincidental increase in work schedule / lack of cell coverage / trip sans internet / nap / earthquake / terrible flood / horde of locusts might do you good. You came back vigorous, virile and potent but now you just seem sour. Rest easy, nothing will happen to your beloved. He and the GOP will have free reign to trigger libtards for at least one full term.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Dude is 80. And not a young 80. Someone find him a shady spot with a nice view.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yep. "Close" is OK in the deep red states. But the dems need an actual victory with that winnable Georgia seat.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Wow. The conservatives shit the bed in the British election. They didn't get a majority. Theresa May ran a terrible campaign. As someone I heard say put it, "The election was her's to lose, and she did just that."

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

See, that's why there's an investigation. To find that out. It's not a difficult concept to grasp, as much as you want this thing to be over right now.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He's a Teutonic twat

melock likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There have been any number of distinguished law professors and former US prosecutors state what we know now constitutes indictment-worthy obstruction of justice. Remember, Trump confessed on TV.
    Saw something on twitter: Comey: Trump's guilty. Democrats: Trump's guilty. Trump: I'm guilty. GOP: We may never get to the bottom of this.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

They haven't actually counted the votes yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.