1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

November 8, 2016.

[​IMG]

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No. I think it shows their sources aren't as reliable as they'd like us to believe.

We're supposed to believe that these reporters have developed sources. These are people they know, have relationships with, and enjoy mutual trust with.

But, now, they're unreachable.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My wife has a relationship with her mother, but every time she watches the kids for us, Mrs. Whitman wants to throw her phone through a window because her mother doesn't answer her phone.

It happens.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It does seem weird that they'd be unavailable to refute such a direct and high-profile challenge to their credibility. It's not like they didn't know it was coming.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Of all the things I miss in the business, sources flaking out is definitely not one of them.

6. YankeeFan

If your mom had four infuriating moms, the comparison would work.

Plus what @MisterCreosote said.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm being a pedant, but the fact that the Republicans control everything is going to be what gets him off, right? (As I believe you pointed out before). With this makeup of congress, I don't think the word hope matters. If democrats controlled congress, I don't think it would have mattered, either, just in the opposite direction.

8. YankeeFan

They flaked out because their job was done. They got their narrative -- which was damaging to Trump -- in the New York Times. Why would they want to defend it now?

And, the Times is guessing that maybe Comey just has a different definition of "Russian intelligence" than they do. Well, why didn't the Times think to ask these questions of their sources before publishing their account?

If they're not going to put a name to their story, it's up to the Times to question it. To vet it. To independently verify it. And to question the motives of the source.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The GOP controls everything and the approval rating for Congress is 11. He's become their problem. And since Congress is up for election before Trump faces voters again, I'm sure the Dems are fine with that. They can bang this drum for another year.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can't imagine why those folks might lie low for a bit. Seriously, your ignorance is showing.

The bit about Comey being a liar except when he's telling the truth is exactly what Republicans are trying to sell in defense of Trump, but now you have a problem? Your hypocrisy is showing again, too.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.