1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

An Indivisible member bought a ticket and made it past the screening to hear Rep. Martha McSally addressing the Arizona Bankers Association last week. In the leaked recording, the congresswoman sounds just a little bit different than the approved GOP talking points for public consumption.

The Skinny | The Skinny | Tucson Weekly

2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Of course not. He and his staff have done absolutely nothing wrong. It is natural for numerous people to just forget meeting with Russians, after all it is not like Russia was ever mentioned during the election. Trump may have told a couple of little white lies but that is standard operating procedure for politicians. And Trump may have made a couple of slight mistakes but he isn't a politician so how could he be expected to know any better? Firing Comey after "hoping he would let it go" isn't one bit curious. Witch hunt!!!

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Straight news stories. It's somewhere on this thread. I don't have the patience to seek it out right now.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They are reporting. Every day, Trump is fucking up. They are reporting that.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm no huge Trump fan but the one thing that gave me a bit of a visceral thrill was when he'd commit a gaffe that would ruin anyone else's election chances or even their political life, and he'd shrug and say, "fuck it." He wouldn't apologize or walk anything back. He gave the media nowhere to go and it drove them fucking bonkers. Plus, it's not his fault Hillary lost. She's the one who blew a two-touchdown lead at halftime.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There was a fascinating focus group on one cable channel yesterday with a group of Trump voters who said they believed both Trump and Comey so it had to be the media's fault they were fighting. Classic authoritarian personalities unable to cope with two big authority figures in conflict.

dixiehack likes this.
  7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It would be nice of the media was right more often.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

9. Dick Whitman

You are responding to an imaginary post.

10. Dick Whitman

It was Politico, actually. We talked about it here. I can find the post where I reference it, but not the earlier post where I link to it or quote it.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump being wrong -- or even lying -- is not a defense for the media being wrong on a repeated basis.

12. Dick Whitman

Also, even in a column, you shouldn't state something as fact when it's an opinion or interpretation. You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts, as the saying goes. Certainly you are free to state that he "admitted" to sexual assault and then explain why you think so. But using that as the assumed factual premise of an opinion would be wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.