1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Fucking Herrera.
    A week ago, I was begging for someone to kneecap Soria.
    So what happens?.......Soria comes in last night to strike out the side.
    Herrera promptly gets hit harder than a wedding night vagina.
    You have a very good chance to take 3 out of 4 from the team with the best record in the fucking majors, and you give up 5 in the 9th.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Should have signed Chapman for 5 million.

Chef2 likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Jon Lester gave up four earned runs in five innings pitched yesterday, raising his ERA to 4.13 and dropping his innings pitched per start to 5.86. Can we start to worry about him yet? That ERA is more than a run higher than Arrieta's reached at any point in 2016 and the innings pitched per start is lower than "Five-Inning Jake" reached at any point that year.

There are some positive signs, too. He is still striking out more than one batter per inning.

That said, the results are far worse than they were last season for the guy who finished second in the NL Cy Young voting in 2016 and Lester is 33 years old.

Oh, and I'll demonstrate a bit more honesty than others seem capable of doing on this board. I'm absolutely posting this to tweak Dickie, who insisted there was no reason for concern with Lester. I actually hope Dickie is right, just for fantasy baseball purposes.

cjericho likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Do the Orioles not have anyone that they have to keep trotting Hardy out there?

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

They have Ryan Mountcastle in the system, but he's 20, in Frederick and still a couple of years away. Ranked as the Orioles' No. 3 prospect.

8. Songbird

495 feet.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Judge now has five of the top six HRs with the highest exit velocities this season (Stanton has the 5th). Judge hit one this weekend that rocketed out at 121 mph. He also leads the league in the three Triple Crown categories right now. He (and the Yankees) have been very fun to watch this season. My favorite is watching them lift up 5-foot-7 Ronald Torreyes so he can give 6-foot-7 Judge a high-five after a home run.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I have Travis Shaw on my fantasy team and last week he was out for a couple days on Paternity Leave. I noticed he didn't play this weekend and then I saw that he was away for undisclosed medical reasons. I figured something must be wrong with his newborn and, unfortunately, it turns out that's the case.

Notes: Brewers place third baseman Travis Shaw on family medical emergency leave

Hopefully, the doctors can help the baby get through whatever is going on. I had a scare with my son when he was just born and it's terrifying, so I'm hoping Shaw and his family get through everything OK.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That is freakish.
    I'd pay to see Judge hit one 495 at the old Vet in Philly.......or at old 3 Rivers......495 there would be way up into the upper tank.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't understand your point. You were concerned about Lester. Congratulations. Because I saw danger signs about Arrieta I am now required to project the future decline of all players, lest it ... discredit my Arrieta concerns?

I don't understand.

Draft saved Draft deleted