1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The Republicans on the Intel Committees will do all they can to protect him from the consequences of his big flappy mouth.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yep, let's see the notes and hear the tapes, if they exist.

Tapes would certainly provide the truth. I don't trust Comey, but I trust Trump a whole lot less. If Trump is telling the truth (LOL) then prove it.

I don't think Trump understands this is a situation where he can settle by paying someone off and claiming no fault.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Conservatives near revolt on Senate health care negotiations

"Worry is increasing among conservatives inside and outside the Capitol that the bill is “tipping toward the moderates," said a Republican working on the repeal effort. And after weeks of sparring, the tug-of-war between conservatives and more centrist Republicans is finally reaching its climax."

And by God, we can't have a health bill that leans toward the moderates. We'd rather drive the thing into the ditch than do that.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who's complaining about less than flattering reporting?

I'm complaining about false reports, based on political opponents of the president, who hide behind anonymity, and who are unavailable to the reporters they served as sources to when the former FBI director swears under oath that their story was untrue.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How is this different then the last 100 years?

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What, the media bias against Republicans?

I'm not sure I'd put it at 100 years, as papers were openly partisan in years past.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The media going after the sitting president. The bias you see is not seen by all.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That's why it's bias.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

The Times is standing by the story/reporting that has your knickers in a twist. NYT and WaPo have done incredible work.

If the Times retracts or corrects, then that's something. But that has not happened.

10. Deskgrunt50

And this still doesn't lessen the idiocy of your "media coup" theory.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Make that 200 plus years.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Here are some facts.
    There is no tax bill. Your taxes will not be going down this year.
    There is no improved medical care. Your health insurance premium will be going up - if you can still get insurance.
    There is no infrastructure 'plan', but the 'idea' is Trump will sell an interest in the infrastructure to investors, most likely Saudi Arabia, as he negotiated during his recent trip there.
    There likewise is no sale of arms to 'our friends' the Saudis, just a memorandum of understanding that at some later point, we might sort of sell them some arms.
    And the wall? Snicker. How has that been coming, anyway?
    These are facts. If you do not believe them, look on your Congressional website and try to find Paul Ryan's imaginary laws in the process.

Inky_Wretch and cyclingwriter2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.