1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, Comey lied under oath? Is that what you're saying?

He'd be in position to know the facts wouldn't he?

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I have no idea if he did or not. That's why there will hopefully be credible evidence that emerges.

3. Deskgrunt50

All the winning. So much winning. I'm so tired of winning that my head is spinning.

melock likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

You're way too caught up in the Senate hearing anyway. It's Mueller. It's Mueller that matters.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Once again, Comey is trustworthy whenever you want him to be. It's like a convenient plot device used on a badly-written television show.

6. YankeeFan

He either lied under oath or the Times article is false. It's one or the other.

And, it's funny. When Trump disputes Comey's testimony, the media nearly faints. They demand to know if he's accusing Comey of lying under oath, and ask him to answer questions under oath.

Why do they not examine their own reporting in the same manner?

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's just Bolshevik-style logic, the ancient bullshit of party-line apparatchiks since forever. Not worth disputing. YF will be making these points in the last five minutes before Trump winds up incinerating us all.

RickStain likes this.
  8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Would you buy a car from James Comey? Would you buy one from the president?
    How about leaving your teenage daughter alone in a room with either Comey or Trump.
    I know my answers to these questions.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

Please show me where I've ever taken issue with anything Comey has ever said.

I haven't done it. I'm the guy who has repeatedly said I thought he was honest.

10. Deskgrunt50

This is not as black and white as you'd like it to be.

From Business Insider on the Times statement:

"Neither the FBI nor Mr. Comey would comment or elaborate on what Mr. Comey believes to be incorrect," the Times said in its statement. "Should they provide more information, we would review that as well."

The paper noted that Comey did not specify how the story was inaccurate, and speculated that perhaps the Russians the campaign maintained contact with did not meet law enforcement's clear definition of an intelligence officer.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

We're not sure what the reason is, but it's a good one.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oops I guess the dog must have ate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.