1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Probably because neither Comey nor the Times has been caught lying hundreds of times in the last year the way that Trump has.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I think we all can agree that there is no trusting an administration that would allow the Russians to influence an election.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Justice Department argues in court that foreign governments can pay anything they want to Trump Organization because that has nothing to do with Trump. Sooner or later, Jeff Sessions is winding up in federal prison.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You're telling this lie again? What, you hope it will hold up if you tell it often enough?

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In other cheery news, Sinn Fein has said that the DUP (Protestant militia political wing in Northern Ireland) joining May's coalition government is a violation of the Good Friday accord.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You're using that word -- "lie" -- again? What, you hope you'll use it correctly once if you use it often enough?

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I've never said anything bad about the guy. If I'm lying prove it.

8. outofplace

I have and I did. YF told this lie before and it was clearly refuted. Now he's telling it again.

YF, I proved it last time you told the same lie. Digging up the evidence every time you lie on this board, especially the lies you tell again days or weeks later after they are proven the first time, would take up far too much of my time.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I reject your premise you liar.

SnarkShark likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No you didn't. You keep saying I lied. The onus is on you to prove it.

I've repeatedly said that I believe Comey is an honest guy and that even when he's made mistakes, his motivations were not political.

The only thing I've ever said was that he made a false statement under oath, but I said that because it's true -- he admitted as much when he corrected the false statement.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

That would be a beautiful day, but I'll believe it when I see it.

12. outofplace

You are entitled to be wrong if you so choose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.