1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And counterpoint ...

Dershowitz’s mistake is to confuse what might be true in run-of-the-mill federal cases, where the President arguably has ultimate control over prosecutorial decisions, with potential criminal matters involving the President’s top aides—which the Supreme Court has concluded can be taken out of the President’s complete control, given the obvious conflict-of-interest.

In the View of the Supreme Court, Alan Dershowitz Is Wrong About the Powers of the President

franticscribe likes this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Criminal? We'll see. But impeachment ... he could be impeached for putting ketchup on his steaks. A President can be impeached ... and removed ... for. any. reason.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Could and should. It's his most unforgivable act.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

OK, you've got Dershowitz on your side. Many disagree with him and you. But you chose to ignore other interpretations.

Dammit. I said I was done for tonight. I'm a liar.

SnarkShark, doctorquant and melock like this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The DOJ decides what crimes and cases to emphasize. One administration may "go after" white collar crime, another might choose to target drug offenses. The US attorneys get their marching orders and manage their offices accordingly. It isn't like people call the local feds to report a crime - they go out and look for them. Ignore ones that don't fit their target mandates.

Here is the thing about Trump - he "allegedly" told Comey he wanted the investigation into Russia cooled for his own interest. People know what the deal is. They impeached Clinton based on the word "is." Trump was seen on TV saying he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation.

But here is the thing - why should the GOP House even bother when they know they won't get two-thirds of the Senate to go along? 20-25 GOP Senators to remove Trump. What is the use?

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hermes likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I just realized of all weeks, Trump picked this one to try to sell us on a bridge.

Inky_Wretch and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

For those who didn't see it can you prove it again.

YankeeFan and cranberry like this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

For those who wish this board to improve, can you delete your account and never return?

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is kind of your thing. Get called out on something but refuse to show your work. For a guy who loves proof, you sure hate to show it.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I have no doubt the board would improve without me, what do you bring?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.