1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Meanwhile Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Ca.) says the ISIS attack in Tehran was a good thing, and maybe the US should ally with ISIS against Iran. He must really think his constituents are zombies. If he's re-elected, he'll be proven right.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

THank God she was not elected and we finally have honest, thoughtful and well prepared men and women of strong moral and intellectual backgrounds running the United States of American

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's interesting and not hard to imagine that we'd be in this same spot in a Clinton Presidency. Comey being asked by Congress if he thought he was fired for the way he handled an investigation of the President.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You know -- despite all appearances -- the Dems weren't forced to nominate her.

5. YankeeFan

He would have been fired day 1.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I think it's kind of dangerous that people, yourself apparently among them, readily dismiss in the name of partisan politics the fact that the Russians are influencing elections around the world through sophisticated hacking and dezinformatsiya campaigns. I think the main question remaining relative to our presidential election is whether Trump and his administration were being duped or complicit.

FileNotFound likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

I haven't dismissed it.

The focus has been lost, however, as the media tries to tie the Russian efforts to the Trump campaign.

They didn't need the Trump to accomplish their goals. And, even if they had "duped" someone like Carter Page, there's no evidence he had any power within the campaign.

8. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

Currently the same logic means about 55 percent of the US population plans to run for President.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, you mean like Whitewater, or Benghazi, or E-mail? This is not some brand new process that the Democrats came up with to attack Trump. Indeed, you're still flogging at least one of them today.

All of which sets aside the fact that the Russians screwed with our election processes to a degree which is not yet known, and that there are many among Trump's inner circle with varying degrees of ties to Russia. Several of them "forgetting" to mention their contacts on their security documents certainly feeds the questioning of what, exactly, they were up to.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Yeah, they kind of were forced into it. Mandy Grunwald, Donna Brazil, huma, Maggie Williams and their cuckolded counterparts pretty much forced the democrat party into accept a virtual coronation of Hillary. Otherwise, where was a single mainstream challenger? When wierd Uncle Bernie started polling better than 4% they should have known a problem was brewing. I thought, it didn't matter, the GOP were just incest loving meth-heads and Hillary had no problems vis a vie Trump. I was wrong, but I'm not a professional presidential campaign manager
    The election of trump means many things, but the absolute hatred of Hillary Clinton by 62 million Americans is top of list. Many people say they'd rather suffer the eternal pain of a million paper cuts rather than see their ex-spouse for another minute. Hillary Clinton proved that to be true

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Right wing media will have a field day with someone born in Uganda /lame 80s wrestling reference

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Which administration did the hacking happen under?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.