1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The whole "it's not illegal to collude with Russia" talking point is also bullshit.

It's kinda sorta true that the words "Thou shalt not collude with Russia" do not appear in the law. As long as your collusion did not direct or aid illegal acts in any way, you might technically be able to stay in the law. But almost everything a foreign government could do to influence the election is illegal, so it's impossible to land all the steps on that tap-dance. It would be impossible for a particularly nimble-minded person, and it's particularly hilarious to imagine when we already have Trump on tape, in public, asking Russia to illegally hack information from his political opponent.

It's possible to imagine some particularly ineffective and pointless action that could both fit under the definition of "collusion" and also not be illegal. But *this* collusion was particularly illegal.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I think Trump could be impeached, then acquitted by one vote in the Senate, and he would say he was "vindicated."

Well, John McCain obviously believes the U.S. and ISIS should combine forces to defeat Russia (a bigger threat). 1980 all over again!

Only we can fuck with elections around the world, eh? That's not so "dangerous."

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The primary mystery of this matter is "why was Trump so extraordinarily loyal to Flynn, when he has used allies and investors as kleenex his whole life long?" The logical answer is that Flynn has knowledge of actual criminal behavior by Trump. Might not even relate to the campaign, but hard to believe money isn't at the bottom of whatever Trump did. He's got the Justice Dept. arguing that the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution does not apply to him and his businesses. This is so politically unwise as to indicate greed is his primary motive in almost all things.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    dixiehack likes this.
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5191AB817CL.jpg

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Glad to see OOP making the most of his new career:

[​IMG]

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sure, but the left would love her because she carries a spear instead of a gun.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, it isn't my thing at all. I just proved it in the very post to which you responded. And I had proved it previously. I actually thought you were just questioning to mess with me and be an ass in what you thought was humorous. Now I realize you're just so desperate for any excuse to attack me, you'll post anything.

YF continues to claim he never said anything bad about Comey. He said Comey gave false testimony. That is something bad. His defense is that Comey admitted it, but that is irrelevant. He said the guy gave false testimony. That is a bad thing. Is it the only bad thing he has said? Good question. Go do that research if you want. But YF was wrong to claim it in the first place and now that it has been clearly explained, he is lying.

11. outofplace

Haven't you heard? I bring people together.

But at least we finally agree on something, that part in bold.

JC likes this.
  12. outofplace

Sounds like you're saying more bad things about Comey here. Perhaps they are true, but they are still bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.