1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Every time I think yo can't possibly descend further into dishonesty, you prove that I have underestimated you. You can't possibly believe that line in bold. Not even you could possibly believe that is the real motivation. Hell, even if there was nothing to it, that wouldn't be the reason.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

IMG_1562.jpg

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You know, there are a LOT of people to whom "say something bad about" means to criticize.

Simply stating an admitted fact that on its face is negative does not meet that standard.

If I say, "my Dad was late picking me up at the airport," you would say I'm "saying something bad" about him.

But if my Dad was late picking me up from the airport because he stopped to help a stranded motorist, that's not bad at all.

Songbird likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sorry, but saying someone gave false testimony is bad, even if it is true. The rest is just nonsense.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The "Trump wanted the investigation to end, but he also wanted to know if his satellites had done something wrong" card is pretty amazing. How thin do you want that cheese sliced?

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Go have a colonoscopy without anesthesia ... you'll want it to end, and you'll also want it to reveal any problems you might have down there.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think the problem is saying "some of my satellite associates may have done something wrong" but also insisting satellite Flynn couldn't be one of them. That certainly implies knowledge of wrongdoing.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

“‘I think Trump is actually quite smart -- in his own way and for his own reasons. He may not know a lot about foreign policy or healthcare, but he is not a dumb man by any means. I think what Trump is doing is filling the agenda of people like the Koch brothers: essentially doing away with every major programme passed since Franklin D Roosevelt that would help working people, the elderly, children, the sick and the poor, and at the same time providing massive tax breaks to the rich and large corporations. In this budget, Trump did not propose cuts to social security [the American retirement programme], but I have zero doubt that will be coming down the pike.’” Subscribe to read

From the Financial Times.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

11. Neutral Corner

Quoting YF:

He wanted it to end because there was nothing to it.
    I'll believe that after Mueller's investigation is completed and he says so.

He also wanted the FBI to publicly state what they had told him privately -- that he wasn't personally under investigation and that the Times article alleging nearly continuous contact between his campaign and Russian intelligence officials was full of shit.
    Comey had just caught hell about saying Hillary's e-mails did not reach the level of prosecution and then having to go back and say "Well, maybe not, we found new evidence". He wasn't going to let that happen again. Comey's phrasing also allows for a "was not under investigation at that time" interpretation. At no point did he say that there was no contact between the campaign and the Russians, continuous or otherwise.

But he also wanted to know if anyone in his orbit -- of his satellites -- had done anything wrong.
    So he can roll them under the bus in an attempt to save his ass? He was very busy trying to quash the investigation of the one guy we *know* was doing something improper. As others have said above, I have to wonder why protecting Flynn was such a pressing matter to Trump.

Most of all, he wanted resolution, because a prolonged investigation was hampering his ability to lead. This is no different than what Hillary Clinton and her supporters were demanding.
    And when Hillary and her supporters were saying that, you took the same position that you are taking now about the Trump/Russia investigation, right?

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.