1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

As opposed to all the hearts and minds you or anyone else are changing on this thread? You think your posts have magically transformed the thinking of anyone on this board? If that is the bar for debate/discussion/argument, shut the whole site down.

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

All these Tea Party cries for Article V to re-write the power seem to assume that dirty liberals won't be invited to the ensuing constitutional convention.

I mean, sure - the GOP and the Tea Party can't get legislation through the GOP-controlled congress for their GOP President to sign. But yeah, totally - they're going to get a constitutional convention convened, at which the Tea Party agenda will sail right through to ratification.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

So you're against a state-ordained religion? What about one that kills people regularly throughout the world?

4. Justin_Rice

Few Dead Horses have been flogged as hard as Abortion. .... and maybe Five-inning Jake.

5. Justin_Rice

I prefer to judge Christians one person at a time, instead of broad brushing all Christians for the actions of a few.

cranberry likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

When 1 million average major-league pitchers a year are killed your comparison will be more apt.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yes. Your posts suggest you don't judge any group as a whole and make decisions accordingly.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What would you think of them if a significant percentage of them killed people all the time?

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Define significant percentage.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm not against any particular religion. I oppose the crimes committed in the names of religion. I oppose hypocrisy. But as I understand this country, the way we do things here is to prosecute criminals rather than abolish the religion.

I'm against a state-mandated religion here in the United States of America. I kind of like the bit about "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Call me old-fashioned.
    And to which religion do you refer above? Your comment suggests there is but one religion that does such things. We've got a couple here in the US of A in which self-proclaimed adherents have committed murder frequently. One of them is the one you'd apparently like to ban; the other is represented by people like Timothy McVeigh and the Portland killer and Olympic bomber Eric Rudolph, who evaded federal prosecution for years with the help of people who were just fine with him blowing up abortion clinics no matter the ancillary damage or victims.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus H. Christ.

That was right out of the Twilight Zone episode where all the Ohio townspeople were so very very nice to the little boy played by Billy Mumy, lest he banish them to the cornfield.

It's a great day, Mr. Trump! A very great day!!

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

How can they not quit? Every one of them has to know even their families think infinitely less of them for taking that crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.