1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah ... that'd be a board redundancy. We've already got that covered with @Michael_ Gee and @tapintoamerica ...

SpeedTchr likes this.
  2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

THAT'S WHAT HALF THE POSTERS ON HERE SAY!!!!

But I just had my workout today, so I'm calm now. :)

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So one day after a big t0-do over a production of Julius Caesar with Caesar looking like Trump (note, every President since Reagan has been portrayed as Caesar in some production of the play), Trump and his Cabinet re-enact the opening scene of King Lear. If I thought he'd read either play, I'd say that was pretty good trolling.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Anybody who does that is full of shit, but you and YF are the worst offenders on the board.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Multiple states have been attempting, or have, to pass laws that would prohibit doctors from telling women if their fetus has birth defects for fear they would choose to abort. These are the same states that have demanded medically unnecessary ultrasounds, some of them vaginally as well as other requirements all in the name of women becoming more "informed" about their pregnancy.

Since information about pregnancies is so important, shouldn't women be fully informed about their pregnancy so,they can make important medical decisions for themselves?

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Sure it wasn't King Leer?

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I have no problem holding the doctor to professional standards. That doesn't excuse this couple from beung devoid of moral ones.

I'm not defending the doctor. Are you defending this couple?

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Can't wait until they get to the "Out, vile jelly!" part.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If the doctor had been prohibited by the state from telling them about the disability (not saying they were in this situation, but there are states that are trying or have implemented this), then yes, I would be.

We are in agreement on holding the doctors to professional standards.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not to mention that if the family is going to keep the baby they could use as much notice as possible to try and prepare financially.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm perfectly willing to be corrected here, but my reading of that legal material is that the doctor's adhering to (or not adhering to) professional standards wasn't a fact that was actually tried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.