1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Pretty sure there are no states that BAN doctors from disclosing that information.

2. MisterCreosote

The ruling stated that the doctor's actions met the standard for medical negligence.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Stoney and OOP-

Page 1050 of the Dead Sea Scrolls From 2012 Into 2013 Politics Thread:

Re: THE 2012 POLITICS THREAD

What group do you see staging this revolution? From what "outrage" does it emanate?

cranberry, Jan 13, 2013 Report
    #12591 Like

The same disgust that fueled Occupy Wall Street and the Tea Party.
    Competing philosophies but both borne of contempt and exasperation.
    And they still don't understand how angry the little man is becoming in this country.
    They still don't fucking get it.

Yes, I have already stated I envision a future much like Mad Max and/or The Road.
    I expect very hard times ahead, and I fear they will last the rest of my life.
    The philosopher-king in Washington can fantasize all he likes, but back on Planet Earth things aren't looking too good.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'll change my wording to say they are allowed to not disclose a disability. Texas and nine other states have either implemented a law or are attempting to, which would prevent doctors from being sued if they didn't inform the woman about abnormalities. If they don't have to fear being sued, what would prevent them from staying silent?

Senate OKs bill to protect doctors who don't tell women about fetal disabilities | Texas Legislature | Dallas News

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about that. The ruling, as I read it, was that if the doctor misread/misreported the ultrasound, relief was available (the case had been summarily dismissed at a lower level).

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Somehow, it has eluded your grasp that, even if Jill Stein or Gary Johnson had won, it's not a red/blue thing, it's the Ruskies interfering in our electoral process. Just because you got the result you wanted doesn't change that.

8. MisterCreosote

Yeah, you're right. It allows the wrongful-birth case to proceed in that the claim fits the standard for negligence if found true.

My bad.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm sure she's tasted enough Huckabee from the Duggar lover to last a lifetime

10. HanSenSE

He demands loyalty.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well, maybe not. My track record as board lawyer is, shall we say, mixed. But that's the way I read it.

12. HanSenSE

You mean the 100 pages of this on the golf thread didn't get the job done?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.