1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Will there actually be much political fallout for the GOP in general and Trump in particular, after his next AG (my money's on Kimberly Guilfoyle) fires Mueller? I ask in all seriousness.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Remember when Republicans considered flip-flopping to be wrong?

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm simply asking you to back up your claim that a disturbing % of Muslims are murderers. What's the number?

4. tapintoamerica

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Too many.

Are you so beholden to political correctness that you will not admit that a large enough portion of Muslims are extremist enough as to form multiple terror organizations, which then spawn virtually every one of these "random" killers that are commonplace in today's world?*

*rhetorical question

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I'm interested to see how it's presented.

Shine a light on his madness?

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, GWB had his "Free Speech Zones", where people could demonstrate, wave signs, and chant to their heart's content as long as they were three blocks away from the motorcade route...

8. tapintoamerica

"Large portion?" What's large? This is the question you still haven't answered. Is 1% large? If you think 1% of the world's Muslims are murderers, you believe there are 18 million Muslim killers worldwide. Remember: you specifically said a "large" percentage of the Muslim world is guilty.

9. tapintoamerica

Trailer shown to other outlets suggests this is not the way it will be presented.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I will rephrase. The percentage of Muslims who are radicalized (from which these killers that strike daily across the globe are drawn) is of a significant enough percentage as to be of concern to anyone who is intellectually and morally honest about the threat it poses to worldwide security.

service_gamer likes this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Do you think more Muslims should be involved in terror attacks?

12. tapintoamerica

Nope. Not a fan of terror attacks or those who commit them. Regardless of their religion.
    Religious fervor can be a scary thing. Regardless of religion.

But when someone claims a "large percentage" of any group commits murder, I'm going to ask what constitutes large. If I get an answer to that, I'm probably going to suggest the claimant provide evidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.