1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

A bunch of Iraqi immigrants left Finland late last summer. Just up and left.
    They didn't like the food nor the climate. The refugee 'experience' there dismayed them.
    Problem solved.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I can get on board with that.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Rhetorical question after a cowardly dodge. You ducked the question.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How close did Obama protestors get to him?

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I just went online to see what was being said and I see Kelly used "shine a light" in one of her responses. I had not read that before I posted my comment.

And if she doesn't challenge him more than to say 'people get mad' as she does apparently, shame on her.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What does somebody protesting without a permit deserve in Russia?

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Gianforte's sentencing seemed pretty reasonable given the crime, and his apology was good enough for me.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Would you consider the KKK to be a big threat to the security of the United States? Do you think the threat the KKK poses to the United States and the potential it has to recruit more members of the United States carries a significant risk to carry out preventative measures against people who could become members of the KKK?

And before I get the "that's a false and cliched comparison" remarks, I bring it up because the percentage of radical Islamist fighters (depending on which source you believe, but for the sake of argument, I'm taking numbers claimed by ISIS which is on the order of 10 times higher than what the CIA believes) is very close to the percentage of people in the KKK. Assume 150,000 radicalized Islamist fighters now (numbers vary depending on the source, but go with me here) and assume about 5,000 KKK members (might be a little high, but it was the low end of a recent estimate. I also saw 3,000 for full disclosure). The percentage of radical Islamists to total Muslims in the world is roughly 0.008 percent. The number of KKK members to total US population is roughly 0.001 percent.

The threat of ISIS and others is significant, I'm not downplaying it. But it's scary when you start throwing around things like "large percentage" of a religion being a threat. If we're throwing around a whole population is a threat because of a few thousandths of a percent we need to consider the whole population of the US a threat too because of a few thousandths of a percent.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Donald Trump is President and Dennis Rodman is on his way to North Korea.

They know each other.

Is Rodman carrying a secret message from Trump?

Is Rodman doing Bay of Pigs type back-channeling??

Even money, I say.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Like most places, depends if it's a first-time offense or a repeat offense.

Navalny is a repeat offender that causes major disruptions in the middle of the busiest streets in the nation's capital.

I think he got 30 days for today. Got 15 for his illegal protest in March. Sounds about right, I guess. Next time I say give him 6 months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.