1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Did anyone else notice that Sessions did not assert his non-privilege privilege on questions that he didn't mind answering, but given a tough probing question he had to protect the president's right to executive privilege?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Everyone except those who chose not to notice.

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

That is a fine project indeed. But the Democrats would have to flip all 17 seats that Clinton carried but Republicans currently hold. These seats are primarily in the D.C. suburbs. Virginia does not have term limits so there are a lot of Republican incumbents holding on. If the Democrats win the gubernatorial race they can stop a Republican gerrymander and take control in 2021. The D.C. suburbs are growing more rapidly than the rest of the state so that area will gain seats, district lines ill be more favorable and more GOP incumbents will fade away.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Good to see Starman wishing people dead again! Always wonderful.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Dave Brat, who tickles the aforementioned's prostates with big strap-on ones, actually won last time, so that's improvement.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The hearing today was classic DC. Both sides deploy the same strategy - Friendlies ask long-winded questions (that usually start with "isn't it true that...) the witness says - why yes, I am a great guy - thanks for asking. While the opposition party try to jam as many questions into their time - each question receiving a long-winded reply that usually ends with "I guess I just don't recall, sorry").

8. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting. Can anyone defend this intentional pretending to be stupid by liberals for the sake of political correctness? It is so Trumpian.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Early reports that Steve Scalise was shot during practice for the Congressional baseball game in Alexandria.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

And I've already read some nutjob on Twitter saying that it happens because Democrats have promoted an assassination culture, whatever the fuck that means.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'll keep this one off the shooting thread.

This practice started at 6:15 a.m. Butt crack of dawn practice for ....rec league baseball?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.