1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Prediction: At least one Congresscritter will cite this incident as to why he/she is not holding a town hall meeting or similar event in their jurisdiction.

2. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Or maybe he's dead because he opened fire on members of congress. I think some (emphasis on some) on the right are being hypocritical about assigning ideological blame and politicizing tragedy in this instance and I believe Donald Trump is recklessly inflammatory. But on a day when a Bernie Bro went Rambo, it is probably best to just take our message board/twitter lumps, save for hitting back at those who blame liberalism. I wouldn't roll over for those blaming all liberals, but I wouldn't aggressively channel Alex Jones (ironically or not) either.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Duh.

Would you blame them?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you figured Steve King would be the first Congressman to "go there" after this, your prize is in the mail.

Steve King ties baseball shooting to violence from 'The Left'

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. Inky_Wretch

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nope. They never heard of it, and it wouldn't matter if they had. All the violence is the fault of the liberals... you know, the limp wristed namby pamby no guts gun hating left.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You're saying the guys who uphold the gun laws should naturally be afraid of people who might exercise those rights? That makes sense. Enact the laws, then don't have the balls to stand up for them.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Shit. Scalise in critical condition. Getting shot in the hip is no joke.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Y'all are fucked up. The guy was a nutcase and it didn't matter who he supported or who he hated. The same way it didn't matter about the nutcase who shot Giffords. It's no one's fault except for themselves and any attempt to turn it into an extension of "libs bad/conservatives bad" is just the deep-seated Troll in you people.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Oof. Yeah, like Sean Taylor. He got shot in the thigh and just lost so much blood.

12. Inky_Wretch

Seems legit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.