1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I am reading Ben Sasse's book right now. Holy shit, Ben Sasse is @outofplace!!!

"Proponents of grade 13 have a noble desire to help smooth these bumpy transitions, but they fail to admit and learn from the obvious imperfections in our system."

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Does he politely ask them to "please try to do better next time"?

4. YankeeFan

Why is he surprised?

An armed response to the shooting was the only thing that prevented a massacre.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Trump back on Twitter whining about the "witch hunt" and basically confirming the WaPo story that he's now a Mueller target for obstruction.

This is not surprising.

Newt screechinng on Twitter again, now about the "deep state." Does he have a motivation other than attention? He's acting like a lunatic.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

This is the first truly dangerous left-wing reaction I've heard about. (Fully allowing there might be others I'm not aware of/forgetting.) We've had at least three stabbing murders by white nationalists in the last month. I know, MAL, and Kathy Griffin took some bad pictures, but let's not pretend the loonies are all on one side here, or that only the lefties are emboldened.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Let's not lose sight of the real heroes in America during this turbulent time in our history: Guns!

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I love that Mueller or someone close to him (if that is how it went down) used the Washington Post to put the "Trump under investigation for obstruction" story out there.

1) Trump was trying to lay the seeds for smearing Mueller the day before, or he was trying to intimidate him with the "fire him" trial balloon. This was Mueller punching back. Mueller has the gravitas and weight of the investigation behind him to do that. I am glad he used it -- if the story did come from him or his people (an if, actually).

2) It's been said before, but the beauty here is that in his hamhanded, nagging way, Trump was so anxious to try to get various intelligence officials to publicly say he wasn't under investigation. Which makes sense, because in his mind, he can control the narrative, and he thinks that perception somehow changes reality. But in the process of trying so hard, he made it so he is now under investigation. He's an idiot.

3) That memo that the deputy director of the NSA wrote because of Trump trying to pressure Rogers, is another thing written contemporaneously, which will carry a lot of weight in putting together the pieces of a pattern. There is serious question about whether the President can be indicted criminally, and even if he could, even with what sounds like mounting evidence, it would be a tough case to prosecute. However, the "high crimes and misdemeanors" impeachment standard is very loose. If (still an if) this investigation paints a picture of Trump trying to interfere, using his office and power to try to get the Flynn thing shut down, etc., I don't see how any HONEST congressman -- and it shouldn't be a party lines thing -- doesn't give serious consideration to impeachment.

SnarkShark likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

Yeah. Most haven't responded violently.

We've mostly seen folks who suffer spontaneous crying attacks, are in therapy, are unable to have sex with their partner, and have cut off contact with family members who voted for Trump.

But, it's still early. It took this guy a while to strike.

Songbird likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

The cops were heroes yesterday. They probably saved a dozen or more lives.

And it was their guns that enabled their heroism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.