1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

"Cornyn leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair. When this guy sneezes, he looks like a party favor."

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A harder stance against Cuba is going to help Real Americans in what way?

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

How was Hank Azaria not available?

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Josh Marshall is the man. There is a lot of meat in these two articles.

The WaPo Obstruction Blockbuster and the World of Hurt To Come

The Russia Probe Is a Vast Lava Flow Moving Toward Trump

"The seeming multiplicity of investigations speaks for itself. But it is the repeated reference to “financial crimes” or “suspicious financial activity” that grabs my attention.

Experts will tell you that “financial crimes” can often mean technical infractions, ways of structuring or organizing movements of money, failures to disclose, certain actions that are prima facie evidence of efforts to conceal, etc. This doesn’t mean these are just ‘technicalities’ in the colloquial sense. They are rather infractions the nature of which may be hard for a layperson to understand but which often end up snaring defendants when other crimes are too difficult to prove. But here’s the thing about the Trump world. I don’t have subpoena power. And we’ve yet to assign a reporting crew to the Trump entourage beat full time. But even with my own limited reporting, it is quite clear to me that there are numerous people in Trump’s entourage (or ‘crew’, if you will) including Trump himself whose history and ways of doing business would not survive first contact with real legal scrutiny. It sounds like Mueller sees all of that within his purview, in all likelihood because the far-flung business deealings of Trump and his top associates are the membrane across which collusion and quid pro quos could have been conducted."

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I was trying to find one that had a mustache to use that line, but I couldn't find one. Kudos.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

He doesn't. I didn't think that far ahead, to be frank.

9. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I have a theory that the FBI regrets the role it played in Clinton's defeat, so it will try to "even the score" (so to speak) with Trump.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That crap is all penny ante stuff now.

Fucko and his motley crew of minions are busy selling the nation itself off to the Russians. Who the hell can worry about education policies and profiteering; we could all be dead when school opens up again in about 10 weeks.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.