1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yep

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Brings to mind the "He's trying to lose!" narrative of mid-2016. Maybe he's trying to get impeached? The social unrest that would cause might all be part of the Bannon Plan? It surely can't be that we elected somebody this goddamn stupid.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don't think he's trying to get impeached. I think he's like a criminal who got away with it but still needs everyone to know who did it.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

He pretty much confirmed it yesterday. This is stronger though.

Also, is he talking about Rosenstein or Mueller? And does Trump not recall telling Lester Holt (recorded on the TV) that the decision to fire Comey was his. That he was going to fire Comey no matter what?

This gets more odd every day. And I didn't think that was possible.

First step toward firing Rosenstein and then Mueller? Or does Trump plan that far ahead?

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I don't have an issue with Trump being stupid. Hell, anyone watching him in the 1980s could see that he was a blowhard, an asshole and too arrogant to see how ignorant he is. My issue is with the one-third of the country can't see through it.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I have been heartened by the durability of our system of government through all this, though. It still half-way functions with a complete incompetent at the helm. I don't know for how long, but it's a pretty remarkable thing. The entire debacle may serve conservatives' interests in the long run, too. After they're no longer politically obligated to support Trump, they can point to this as proof that their hands-off approach works. And, they'll ask, think of how well it would've gone if the guy at the head of this revolution wasn't a mental four year old?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Just read that Rosenstein now has to recuse himself from the Russia investigation, because he's instantly become part of the obstruction investigation with that tweet. ("Did you tell the president to fire James Comey?")

If Trump fires Mueller, after so many Republicans praised his appointment, I imagine that will be the dirty bomb that blows up everything.

I think Trump's best chance is to let Mueller finish his job and then hope that the Republican House is craven enough to refuse to impeach. I suspect they are.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have been hearing that since about 1988 when it comes to this guy.

YankeeFan, Hermes and FileNotFound like this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Interesting observations.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

There. Is. Nothing.

Nothing will be enough to convince the GOP to get rid of Trump. At least not until he destroys every last remnant of Obama's legacy for them...and at the rate they're going, that's going to take much longer than they planned.

Trump's going to fire Sessions and Rothstein and replace them with Rachel Brand, who will gladly fire Mueller and put an end to the Russia investigation.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.