1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

"Screw college. It ain't worth nothin'!"

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Funny how "shooting black people" and leading the world in incarcerations (equal to China and Russia COMBINED) is never considered a "human rights" issue. But detaining someone a few hours for holding an illegal protest is.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm wondering what sin I committed that caused me to be afflicted by you.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Teenage wanking

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If you choose to be afflicted by the truth of the previous post, that is your choice. I stand by the accuracy of that post.

Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Billy Graham, Franklin Graham, Focus on the Family, the American Family Association and other such groups have all been on the record as saying they believe HIV/AIDS represents divine punishment for sinful conduct. The alleged university that Falwell founded is now headed by his son, an ardent supporter of the alleged president.

The current vice president of the United States is on the record with this lovely number:
    "Congress should support the reauthorization of the Ryan White Care Act only after completion of an audit to ensure that federal dollars were no longer being given to organizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus. Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior."

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/us/politics/mike-pence-and-conversion-therapy-a-history.html

The 2016 GOP platform included a nod of support to gay conversion therapy.

8. doctorquant

Surely there's a statute of limitations ...

9. doctorquant

Now give us another verse of Hymn 54 ("Jesus loves my pre-existing conditions"). You always hit the high notes so nicely in that one ...

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Nope. He really hates that shit

Starman likes this.
  11. doctorquant

Well, I did do two years duty (twice!) as junior high Sunday School teacher. I guess that wiped out my early teens. Probably need to serve on the vestry to make a dent in the rest.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Uh-oh, another car incident in London.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.