1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This is fine.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Damn collusion.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I blame the Deep State for ruining our friendship with them

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Had a good laugh when I saw this on FB this morning from a fuck-your-feelings type:

GONNA VENT HERE. I have lived through President Jimmy Carter, President Ronald Reagan, President George H. W. Bush, President Bill Clinton, President George W. Bush, and Obama, in my lifetime have I ever seen or heard of a President being scrutinized over every word he speaks, humiliated by the public to the point of wanting to hurt someone, slander, ridicule, insulated, lied to, threatened to murder him, threatened to rape our Beautiful First Lady, and have his children also insulted and humiliated. I am truly ashamed of the people of this country. I am ashamed of the ruthless, hating, cruel, Trumpofobians people that have no morals, and feel they have the right to say and do the things they are doing. Every other President after they were elected and took the oath of office were left alone, they weren’t on the news 24/7 being dissected by every word out of their mouth, ALWAYS BEING PRESSURED to do this or that and never being given the support to do anything. Now, we have Tax Reform, Every President in reason history had talked about tax reform we hear about this for a week or two and it’s over for a couple of years. With President Trump we have been hearing about this for months, it started even before he was elected. ENOUGH is ENOUGH is ENOUGH, LEAVE THE MAN ALONE AND LET HIM DO HIS JOB FOR GOD’S SAKE!

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I doubt we have the same Facebook friends, but one of mine posted the same thing yesterday. Life's dealt her a couple of pretty bad hands, and I think, "Even if all of this were true, why would you give a shit?"

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Suck It Up, Buttercup.

Oh, all the other presidents to which you refer: None of them ever made repeated statements about how they wanted to fuck their daughters, like your pervert pig has. Fuck "giving him a chance."

Oh and the "tax reform" to which you refer, let me guarantee you the final result will be to ass-fuck people like you with a red-hot molten-iron poker in order to transfer all the money up to multi billionaires like your hero Fucko.

Fuck off, bitch. Go fucking suck a thousand Tylenols.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I think this is one of the greatest sentence fragments ever written:

Every other President after they were elected and took the oath of office were left alone...

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I do find it fascinating that many of Trump's followers are going through the feelings in middle age that many people do when they are in their early teenage years. You are idealistic, attach a lot of hopes and energy in one candidate and have it dashed when they lose an election or fail to live up to those unrealistic expectations and run into opposition you were too naïve to even consider.

It's just weird to see this process with a large group of middle-aged people. I suspect a lot of it is they've never had a candidate speak to them. Also maybe it's that group of people who came of age during the late 1980s and 1990s, when engagement didn't seem all that necessary.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Um ...

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I think this has been the case with the last two presidents. Both reached parts of the country that few candidates had tried to court or been able to reach. (In Obama's case, he was the first president to not villify voters in their 20s. Trump spoke to the working class in a way no presidential candidate has in decades). That worked really well in a presidential election, but makes it really hard to govern when those groups have no power in Washington and quickly disengage.

The difference is Obama's supporters were young first-time voters. It seems like Trump's were a little older first-time voters or folks who have been disengaged for a long time. I just find it interesting.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hardly unprecedented. Clinton and Obama rode into office on a similar wave, if not moreso.
    Clinton, especially, was the first Boomer president. That generation viewed that as their first real chance to take the reins of the country and were like doe-eyed teenagers. They still are, or else we probably wouldn't have had Hillary running 24 years later.
    I suppose you can argue that the results were better with Clinton and Obama, but calling a four-year term an utter failure after only five months seems a bit premature.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

No, see, you can build on that. Trump can be an utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter failure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.