1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I think it's the typical Boomer sociopathy that allows them to believe everything that happens to them, personally, is happening for the first time ever and is the greatest/worstest thing to ever happen.

FileNotFound likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This whole trope of Fucko as hero of the working class just slays me.

The middle and lower classes in this country have been screwed and shafted over and over again for decades on end. The economy has been trashed and millions of jobs destroyed.

And who did it? Arrogant, obnoxious, overbearing, abrasive, bombastic egotistical silver-spoon pampered privileged billionaires, shitting into diamond crusted diapers since the day they were born.

So who do you elect to change all that? The most arrogant obnoxious silver spoon diaper-shitter of them all.

It takes a truly monumental level of stupid.

melock, HanSenSE and Riptide like this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don't disagree, but I'm 32 and I find myself thinking the same thing about my experiences. We now look at history as if it were a new update to our IPhone and there must be new features to whatever's been introduced.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I thought that was a Millennial thing ...

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

“Sheriff Clarke is 100 percent committed to the success of President Trump, and believes his skills could be better utilized to promote the president’s agenda in a more aggressive role,”

I'm guessing that means "Hopes to get a high-paying gig on the speaking circuit and/or paid contributor to various media outlets."

9. doctorquant

Oh for those halcyon days of the 1950s ...

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I thought it was an every generation thing.

cranberry likes this.
  11. doctorquant

You raise an interesting point ...

12. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Here's another story that will fly under the radar. Supreme Court to decide on the constitutionality of partisan gerrymandering. Seems like there are three camps: One that it's permissible; one that it's not, but how do you define unconstitutional; and a third camp that it is unconstitutional and you can set guidelines.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/...jor-challenge-to-partisan-gerrymandering.html

Hate this standard offered by plaintiffs using a formula developed by a law professor and an attorney.

"The Wisconsin voters who sued to challenge the Assembly map argued that gaps over 7 percent violate the Constitution."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.