1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Or that they're more likely to pull the plug on Headley and go get a 3b.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Who would be available that would be a worthwhile trade target? Seems like the top 10 or 15 3Bs are all either aging or playing for contenders who won't trade them anyway. I suppose a lot can change between now and July 31, but trading for an aging 3B (which is presumably what they would do as a stopgap solution) isn't terribly appealing.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Moustakas would cost more than I want to give up and isn't a rental. Beltre? Suarez? Nunez? I guess it all depends on asking price.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I believe Sandoval is available. Asking price? Sox would offer free delivery.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Josh Donaldson should the Jays go in the tank the next month.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I can definitely see Donaldson on the move if the Jays' season goes sideways, not sure it will be to the Evil Empire, gotta believe they won't trade him in the division unless the return is too good to pass up

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He was close to being ready hitting-wise, but he still had some development ahead with fielding. Plus, they were training him to also play second and third, and he had a ways to go at those spots since they weren't his natural position.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Angels are already in the tank, so Yunel Escobar. They got rid of two of their three headcases from last year -- CJ Wilson and Hector Santiago. Escobar remains. All the Yankees turn into headcases, he's already there.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Suarez is only 25. Not sure the Reds want to deal him.

Maybe a Josh Harrison or Yangervis Solarte, who are a bit older? Either can play third, but those two might not be enough of an upgrade over Headley to be worth it.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Harrison is head and shoulders better than Headley.

And Jansen has 50 strikeouts amd 0 walks.

Draft saved Draft deleted