1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Why am I supposed to give a shit about Trump's comments about Otto Warmbier?

Our own citizens pass away at the hands of brutal regimes in the guise of our police departments - where a lot of bad things happen - from coast to coast all of the fucking time.

So besides the fact that Trump was able to spit out 30 seconds of notes without tripping over his tongue, or drooling, why am I supposed to care?

HanSenSE, melock and BadgerBeer like this.
  2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

#doesntaffectmewhogivesashit

SpeedTchr likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Sure. And the criticism was wrong. And you took the bait. Which was also wrong. It's about a kid who died. Not about Trump is bad OR Trump is great. About the kid.

Done with this. You are unable to see outside yourself.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Of course, Fucko was well aware (or certainly should have been) that Warmbier was virtually dead when the original self-congratulatory horn honking statement was released (along with the obligatory shot at the mooslim neegro).

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Someone died. Doesn't that make you happy?

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not the right people.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

If you found out the kid was a Republican, would you change your mind?

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

That was some seriously painful-to-read horseshit.

This kid was imprisoned, tortured and killed for something he thought was nothing more than a little harmless prank. Yeah, he did something stupid, but college kids do stupid things, it's in their DNA. There's your explanation--stupid college kid syndrome--none more needed. To instead use this tragedy to try to score PC brownie points against the "cis" white male enemy with a "blame the victim" article is pure repugnant to me.

I swear, this shrill hyper PC lingo-bleating wing of liberalism has been the Republican Party's covert best friend in recent years. They keep annoying the shit out of middle America, keep being oblivious to the fact that they annoy the shit out of middle America, and then act shocked when the Dem candidate loses another election.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    poindexter and Batman like this.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

How dare they not genuflect to middle America's need to never, ever feel challenged

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yep. As I've been saying, the only people more knee-jerk and ridiculous than Trump are his dedicated opponents. I bet Rick would have had a few good laughs at this kid's expense -- if he had a sense of humor.

Otto Warmbier and the Moral Bankruptcy of the Social Justice Left

"This horrifying zest to attack this young adult, now just another victim of a totalitarian and criminal state, has exposed social justice for what it is: the precise opposite of objective justice. There is no theory of justice, no school of thought that would justify the treatment to which Warmbier was subjected. There was nothing just about his ordeal. Those who would excuse the regime’s conduct, even going so far as to adopt its language (the grave “international crime” of poster theft) have abdicated all moral authority. And for what? The base pleasure of pleasing a mob that lusts for the blood of those with certain characteristics adopted at birth—characteristics they happen to resent. That’s not justice. It’s prejudice."

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This incident and people's reactions confirms what you already believed? The hell you say.

You are right. His ordeal was gravely unjust.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, where were the Republicans on this? Where were the emergency sessions and the flurry of bills? Why didn't Trump sign an executive order? Why didn't they stop his parents from pulling the plug?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.