1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

There are more infamous posters who have dealt with much worse than getting banned for drunken posts. Who knows if one certain former poster is still alive.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm a little lost. BYH and I were besties. As much as two guys who have never met, and share a mutual dislike of Mike Scioscia candidate be best friends. I never had a cross word with BYH, and that thread was nothing but fun.
    It was 7 years ago, so I could be forgetting something. But I doubt I threw a barrage at BYH.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I know BYH. You're no BYH.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Hondo was a favorite target, though.

5. poindexter

Looks like someone was worried about write brained.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Who was I back then?

SnarkShark and JC like this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It's not OK. But this is where we are. Republicans were outraged over the way the ACA was passed. Perhaps they had reason to be.

But there were public hearings on the ACA. It was a long process. The republican hypocrisy on this issue is stunning. It's like they don't know, or just don't care, they're on video saying the exact opposite things they're saying now.

What's going on here is pretty awful. Because republicans know the bill is awful and will hurt them politically. Not sure why they think keeping it a secret is going to lessen the outrage when it comes out.

Should be an excellent issue for Dems to campaign on in 2018.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. poindexter

Looks like write-brained announced to the board he was leaving, then came back a couple days later. Shocker, I gave him or her shit for it.

YankeeFan and QYFW like this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You might think so.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Trump is as much a repudiation of the GOPe as the MALs. They know it, and the McConnell wing of the party is going to do whatever it takes to stay in power. And staying in power is the only thing they're good at these days.*

*That Is true of most of D.C., but the GOPe is in a leadership role, so their intransigence is especially transparent.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

He wasn't banned.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Agree with your point on the repudiation of the entire establishment. That was a huge factor for sure.

But will it remain a factor if the working-class voters who elected Trump realize he really has no interest in doing anything for them? Moreover, how will they feel when they find out that they'll be losing ground while the ultra-rich are given tax breaks?

A shitty plan that's a secret can only remain a secret for so long. Then it's a public shitty plan.

There's a pretty large potential for backlash.

Tuesday's Georgia 6 special election will be pretty interesting. Polls indicate (yeah, I know, polls) that 81 percent of voters are deeply concerned about health care. Which is the biggest reason republicans are keeping their shitty plan a secret.

So the issue might not push the Dems to a win in the Georgia 6. But eventually this health care plan is going to have to come out. And it's likely going to be bad for the GOP.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.