1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

That's a setup/entrapment. Can't answer that without risking a violation of outing rules.

QYFW likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's my fault. I dared mock his hero. I denounce myself.

I just don't trust the guy (Trump), or believe a thing he says. Birtherism, Cruz's dad and Oswald, inaugural attendance, Fredrick Douglas, and (even though it was Kellyanne) Bowling Green - for starters.

And on top of anything else, I don't know what we can do. Economic sanctions? We're not trading with them now, are we? Military options? No, not even Trump is that crazy? Maybe we should consult with out boots on the ground in North Korea, Dennis Rodman?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's been about five weeks, I believe, that he gave an in-depth interview, not to be confused with a few words at a photo op.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Not sure this is possible, but...

[​IMG]

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Not possible. Constitution prevents it.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Where?

The 25th Amendment says that if president dies or resigns, vice president becomes president. If VP is vacant, the president appoints someone (like Ford did with Rockefeller), but it needs confirmation by the House and Senate.

I believe the constitution would allow the scenario in that thing. But realistically, Congress would never confirm Trump for VP in the first place, so it is silly.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Article 1, Section 3, Clause 7: "Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law."

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Surely y'all are not suggesting a Facebook meme is factually inaccurate.

HanSenSE, Vombatus and QYFW like this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I know ... for penance I'm going to go read some economics thoughts on billmoyer.com ...

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Pie charts don't lie.

[​IMG]

HanSenSE, Vombatus, RickStain and 2 others like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just a note that today is finally election day in Ga.-6. It's a very close race, meaning bad hot takes will be the winner in a landslide no matter what happens. My point, however, is that both Great Britain and France managed to hold national elections in less time than one congressional by-election in our country. In France's case, this included presidential primaries, a two-round presidential election and then a two-round legislative election. Perhaps American apathy towards politics is kind of like apathy towards the NBA and NHL. Our regular season is too long.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

From the "This tweet didn't age well" files ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.