1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

You're right, of course, but I'm enjoying throwing a PoMo As Fuck argument at Rick Stain.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If by lighten up you mean I'm never going to stop calling a troll a troll, you are correct. I'm going to call it as I see it and you have earned the T word.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Go fuck yourself.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you go looking for a pissing match, you really shouldn't be angry when you get some on you.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Problem is, what if someone comes clearly off and above the base, like his foot hits the base then slides past and the rest of his leg is three inches over the base while he is tagged, then his butt hits and he's back on the base? Can that guy be called out but the guy whose leg only comes off by a half-inch is safe?

6. Dick Whitman

I'm not angry.

It was more of a dismissive, shruggy, "Eh, go fuck yourself then."

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If this a just a subset of "replay is a net negative," then I'm on the same side.

dixiehack likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Yup. I was all for it at the time, but replay put an emphasis on being right and ruined all the little idiosyncrisies I didn't know I loved until they were gone.

I liked managers being tossed. I like umpires being the villains. I liked the neighborhood play. I liked the way they slid into bases for 135 years.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I don't have an objection to replay in theory. It is just never, ever implemented well and always turns into a miserable slog

dixiehack and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Stupid for Girardi to pull Pineda after that 2-out bloop single with 2 outs in top-6. He's only at 105 pitches and still has good stuff. Managers are such snowflakes.

11. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Dodger rookie phenom Cody Bellinger's mother

[​IMG]

is a dead ringer for Ann Coulter

[​IMG]

12. Dick Whitman

On Baseball-Reference, does anyone know how to sort players this season based upon position? So that you can get all the A.L. catchers' stats on one page, for example.

Draft saved Draft deleted