1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I posted it with comment.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

@doctorquant did the work for me and posted it earlier:

Article 1, Section 3, Clause 7: "Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law."

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did you mean to write that you posted it without comment? Let's put aside the problem with posting things without comment and focus on what you did do.

First, you whined about others using a human being's death to score political points. Then you did exactly what you had been complaining about by trying to blame it on Obama. Then you failed to criticize Trump for doing it. So the real issue you had was with somebody using the death of a human being to score political points for the side you disagree with. You are perfectly fine doing it yourself and you are happy to pass it along when President Trump does it.

Do I even have to explain the hypocrisy involved, whether you commented on Trump's statement or not?

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Another good sound bite from McCain. I'll be impressed if he actually does something about it.

In all seriousness, hopefully he's ok and just had a rough day during his bizarre questioning at the Senate Intel hearing.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, we know Dershowitz is making this argument and you seem to think this settles things even though the man made a career of defending guilty and innocent people alike.

[​IMG]

In his defense, he is saying both sides are guilty of such things. Funny, I don't see you pushing the part of the story in which he said Republicans were wrong to go after Hillary Clinton.

Alan Dershowitz: Democrats Are Trying to Do to Trump What Republicans Did to Hillary

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If Ossoff was going to win, he needed to accumulate a bigger cushion from early voters. Damnit.

9. Deskgrunt50

Yep. Doesn't look promising for Ossoff. Dems needed a tangible win.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

After originally building his pile of chips under the slogan "Make Trump Furious" he spent the last two or three months barely ever mentioning Trump while playing the same milquetoast centrist that constantly loses with a "respectable" 44-48 percent. There was risk to keeping up the anti-Trump message, but damnit you have to take some intelligent risks in a district set up to crush you.

11. Deskgrunt50

Neither of them wanted to talk about Trump at all. Perhaps a bad choice for both. From what I've read and watched, Handel is a female Trump and speaks to his base.

Ossoff is young and inexperienced. Using the anti-Trump message in a district Trump barely carried seemed like a good move.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Looks like Handel is going to win by 3-4 points. Story IMO has more to do with how metro Atlanta is changing than national politics per se. What had been an easy generic red district is now highly competitive. PS: Ossoff placed a lot of emphasis on mail voting, while Handel got a lot of Republicans to early vote who were election day voters in round one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.