1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Republicans will take the South Carolina 5th as well, but it looks like it'll be a lot tighter than expected.

Still, moral victories are getting old.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Losing by 4 in districts you usually lose by 15 is still losing.

I'm looking forward to Trump winning reelection 43-57

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Even electoral doesn't work like that. Winning is always better than losing. But if districts that were once one-sided are now competitive, that's not a reason to decide you never win. All four by-elections were the result of conservative Republicans who won big in November and joined the Trump administration. He picked the schedule. Democrats didn't get to say, "hey, we're feeling good about California. Give us a June rematch with Darrell Issa.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It's pretty doubtful any future presidential election in our lifetimes will be decided by more than 3-4 points. We're two separate countries, and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

5. Michael_ Gee

Another economic crisis, or even a recession, and we'll be more one nation than you think. Doesn't matter on which party's watch it happens, it will suffer bigly.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Fuck it. Life goes in cycles and and now it is a time for hate. Donald Trump can never embarrass Republicans enough for them to associate with those they regard as subhuman, such as feminists, gays, religious and/or ethnic minorities and just plain old liberals and eccentric free thinkers. Let them run riot and when the fever has run its course the survivors can bury the dead and try to rebuild the country, bailing out their asses in the process yet again. And none of it fucking matters because the most important thing in America is who you hate.

I Should Coco and FileNotFound like this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Did Ossoff lose?

Also, remember that there are plenty of people that hate gays and women and all sorts of others that the Democrats have no problem with as long as their ignorance brings votes.

8. Michael_ Gee

OK, one more time. Ossoff's gonna lose by four. That sucks. Archie Parnell, in SC-5 in a race that nobody paid the slightest attention to, is also gonna lose by four. Losing sucks. It's not good. These are districts where Republicans usually win by 20 and in fact were gerrymandered to make it so. If Georgia Southern goes into Tuscaloosa and loses to 'Bama by four, what do we think and say. Let's wait and see what happens in New Jersey and Virginia in November, where the sides a little more equal at the start. Anger at losing is OK, Dixie. Despair helps no one, least of all the one in despair.

9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

If you're this despondent, take a walk.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  10. dixiehack

Come down here and live this every day and tell people not to despair.

I've got a dozen years left until my youngest graduates high school and then I've got to find somewhere I'm not considered sub-human for my point of view. And I'm a straight white Christian male who can "pass" for acceptable for however long I can keep my mouth shut. I truly don't see how ethnic, religious and sexual minorities can stand it every day and I'm in awe of all who do.

11. dixiehack

Already done. Overcast night but the ocean at Folly Beach is quite striking.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

Liberal tears taste so good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.