1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart, if he wants a long stay.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I really hope that's not the standard.

Democrats have lost much of middle America, the white working class, whatever you want to call it. A lot of that, indeed, is due to straight race-bating. But at least some of it is due to candidates like Hillary Clinton and even Barack Obama hitching their star to celebrity idiots and loudmouths like Lena Dunham. Why do they then tolerate Ted Nugent? I don't know. I'm sure I'd have a more emotional reaction to it if it was my candidate parading him around like he represents me, like Clinton did with the proud child molester.

I wouldn't think twice about Lena Dunham if it didn't anger me that she is the appointed surrogate for circulating my worldview.

Iron_chet and YankeeFan like this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'd love to see an overall name recognition score for her. I'd guess there are better known American League relief pitchers.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If groups of people including Dixiehack get a say in that, Dixiehack prefers proper nouns to pronouns.

5. Dick Whitman

No way.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Ted Nugent is perhaps the archetype of the fuck-your-feelings Trumpist snowflake. That's why.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sounds like a winning strategy.

8. Dick Whitman

I have no sam hell clue who Jill Filipovic is.

Moving on, voters want to hear from both sides that they can get everything they want without making any personal sacrifices whatsoever. That's a huge reason why Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump both resonated.

Anything else is a tough sell.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The voters also want to hear that their guy is gonna stick it to those people.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

Irrelevant. This is the liberal reaction to the Georgia election we are seeing everywhere.

Dems can't win in the center. They need to fight dirtier. Working class whites are hateful racists, who can't be won over, and Dems should stop trying to get their votes. The only way for Dems to win is for them to attract more minorities to the polls, and to change the overall makeup of the electorate.

11. YankeeFan

Duh.

12. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Is that a better or worse strategy than 'Dems have to move out of the cities and into the south and midwest' I heard after Trump won the EC?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.