1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Why would I do that when I've got this place to supply all my crazy?"

franticscribe and Vombatus like this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I know when I think of bastions of left-wing squishiness the first place that comes to mind is Western Kentucky.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Saw some clips of Trump's campaign event. (He still apparently doesn't know he won and just craves applause.)

Of course "The Wall" came up. To be sure, I don't believe it will ever be built. Never.

But, shocker alert, he said something I thought was pretty good. He wants the wall to generate solar power.

It'll never happen. But if this wall to nowhere is actually built, solar is a good idea.

The coal miners probably don't like it though.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump's pushing a solar wall, while his Energy department is working on a report about how solar and wind energy harms the grid.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Consistent messaging is not a strong point of this administration.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Here's Trump's wind energy stance from Iowa tonight: "I don't want to just hope the wind blows to light up your homes."

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He's going to plug it into Mexico's grid and charge them for the electricity. Duh. Winning.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

By golly then, IT MUST BE IMPORTANT!

9. HanSenSE

10. HanSenSE

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I had that column as well and it rings pretty true.

Being angry is not enough for the Democrats. It can be for the Republicans (see: Elections, 1994, 2010, 2014, 2016).

Dems have to find an economic message that resonates with the suburban folk as well. As long as the stock market/401ks are up and white-collar unemployment is low, the suburban vote (of which I understand Georgia-6 is made up of, primarily) has no problem keeping the Republicans in power.

I do agree with Ragu that the market is fool's good. It feels like 2007 where I live -- housing prices are at the ceiling, market is artificially inflated, unemployment is 2.5% and my 401k is about 20% higher than I had charted it would be a year ago.

Two years from now, it could all crash again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.