1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. We have an example of a President who really did tamper with witnesses.

Now, if he had spent his years since leaving office in disgrace, an outcast from his party, I might buy the faux outrage at Trump's attempt to make sure Comey testified truthfully.

But Bill Clinton is the elder statesman of the party. Speaks at their national conventions. He raises funds for candidates. And the party nominated his partner in crime for president in 2016.

Am I really supposed to believe that any of you are upset about Trump's actions?

2. YankeeFan

His whole, "he better hope there aren't tapes" thing was dumb -- and typical Trump.

I'm not defending it.

But to suggest it was witness tampering is absurd, and deserves to be laughed away. That serious people are suggesting it shows how little credibility they have on anything Trump related.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

When that "someone" has repeatedly demonstrated his belief that "truth" is whatever he wants it to be at a given moment, irregardless of actual reality, it's not so absurd.

4. YankeeFan

Ok. Great.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm upset about his actions. I think he's a total idiot. I'm embarrassed he's the president.

I don't have a Clinton dossier like you do. I'll look into this stuff and, if appropriate, denounce.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is all I was looking for.

Thx.

7. YankeeFan

Changing the subject for a minute...

Supreme Court wraps up its session on Monday. There's some speculation that Kennedy may resign. That wouldn't be as monumental as Ginsburg reigning, but if Trump could replace a swing vote with a consistent conservative vote, it would be pretty big.

Any predictions?

Personally, I'd love to see the republicans force through another nominee.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The evolving Trump defense is that the President cannot commit a crime, and that investigating Russia's influence in the election is an illegitimate coup. No kidding. Those are the constitutional defenses.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

Of course it was.

I'm happy to point things like this out.

But that's never where the conversation goes. Instead of people saying, "wasn't that dumb," to which I could agree with them, they say, "OMG!! Trump is guilty of witness tampering!!!"

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I was too young to remember most of this stuff (but apparently I'm responsible for denouncing all of it, so I hereby do), but wasn't Flowers' accusation of witness tampering tried in court?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.