1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Odd fun fact I just learned elsewhere on the Internet. D. Trump's last reported political contribution was to -- Kamala Harris, for a state office campaign in California.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

4. Neutral Corner

Common sense from... Bobby Jindal?

5. Michael_ Gee

There is no doubt in my mind the Senate bill will pass and be the law by mid-July at the latest. Since it absolutely crushes older Americans not old enough for Medicare (average increase in premiums for ages 60-64 are about $6000), who were also one of Trump's and the Republican Party's strongest demographics, we will see how they react. Is their tribal identity strong enough to get them to ignore a major personal financial hit? Beats me.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

#WitchHunt

7. cranberry

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

When one side refuses to stop paying the families of suicide bombers, there's not a lot of room for trust, or serious negotiations.

9. Neutral Corner

AARP is already (very predictably) out against the Senate plan, but you can bet that they'll be pounding the drum. One political truism that the Republicans seem to be forgetting: Old people vote.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if all three of Bernie's homes are made of glass?

[​IMG]

11. cranberry

I'll take that to mean you aren't confident President Trump's no-nothing son-in-law carrying Bibi's water is a winning strategy, either.

Maybe 'ol Rex Tillerson will have better luck working out the North Korea nuclear weapons thing with President Xi's help....

12. Michael_ Gee

Israel-Palestine is like North Korea. The US can have no impact on the basic situation, and frankly has no interest in said impact, so bigwigs fly in, have meetings, fly out, and nothing changes. The only difference here is that heretofore the US bigwigs at least looked like they were putting in a serious effort. This was beyond Kushner.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.