1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Treason is a Capital Crime.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bullshit. The smoke is driving the investigation of Trump every bit as much as party politics. This is also a guy who has faced many accusations and lawsuits in the past, long before he began his run for president. Trump University is just one example.

This idea that only party politics are driving people to question Trump is ludicrous. So is the idea that the investigation is fact-based is what is truly dubious. At this point, we are talking about accusations. Facts may come later, but we don't have them now.

Trump isn't going to be exonerated. The investigation may be halted due to lack of evidence, but I highly doubt he will be proven innocent.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Only party politics are driving people to HOPE that the president of the United States is convicted of a criminal offense. Whereas in a non-partisan universe nobody would hope that their president would be guilty of criminal behavior.

Most people like to be proud of their leaders. ESPECIALLY in a democratic society in which they are the ones responsible for electing them.

All that goes out the window in a "Nyah, nyah libtard/nyah, nyah repubtard" universe.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  4. outofplace

My hope is that the truth comes out. If he resigns or if he is impeached, then we get President Pence, which doesn't make me feel that much better.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Pence is implicated in many if not most of Fucko's actions.

Plus if the election itself was corrupted -- the horrible truth no one even dares speak which we seem to be tiptoeing closer to every day -- then his election is illegitimate too.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Trump, Pence, McConnell, Ryan ... it's the Mt. Rushmore of Shame and Horror. :eek:

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Same here, but I suspect for different reasons.

8. outofplace

Your thought being that many people will never accept that he is innocent no matter how the investigations turn out? If so, I agree.

I also think it is important to note that there is a big difference between not finding enough evidence to impeach or force a resignation is not the same thing as proving innocence.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Bibi doesn't seem to want peace, either. He's only exacerbated the situation.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I wish Donald Trump were a different person who didn't do all the things he did. But since he *did* do them, it's not wrong to hope he sees appropriate justice.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I thought Trump tweeted there were no tapes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.