1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't think there was anything wrong, nor did I mean to imply it. If I were in that guy's shoes, I'd rather have the President's group ahead of me than behind. What if one of the Secret Service guys is a real slow play hater? I just thought it was funny. A new golf excuse for the 19th hole. "I was going great, but the President of the United States really threw me off my game!"

Batman and HanSenSE like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

GOP Rep: Tax cuts for those who don't need them > healthcare for those who need it.
    Because the poor are lazy and unworthy of assistance. Nice Christian family values.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That was my thought. Have no idea if courses were shut down for other presidents.

Of course, this is Trump. He wants his club members to pay for food and beverages in the clubhouse.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Me, too, but I guess the high rollers get a little perk.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He wasn't even closing Mar-A-Lago during his visits. IIRC, he's even crashed a couple of wedding receptions.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He might miss a few bucks if he did that. That's not why he became President.

heyabbott and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Saw this post on another board.
    Naturally, my first thought was to bring it here.

People were different only a half-century ago. Personal character, reputation, responsibility, good name, honesty and service to the community meant much. Today, it's dog-eat-dog, everyone for himself. Communities have become so diversified along every possible demographic that there is no cohesion anymore. And, the government keeps driving wedges into every possible difference in people it can identify; gender, age, social class, race, religion, sexual preference, weight, intelligence, education, place of birth and a dozen other major differences. It protects the government since the absolute prerequisite to revolt is unity of the people. With the people squabbling among themselves and unable to unify toward a common goal, government is free to tax, spend, borrow and pass all the punitive laws it wishes without fear of public backlash. Government is keenly aware that more governments fall to internal revolt than military conquest, and before anyone thinks it couldn't happen here, remember that we've already had two revolutions in the short time we've been a nation. Keeping the people oppressed while preventing them from unifying is the current strategy to keeping government in power.Americans are big in talking about their "freedoms." Next time, ask them to list those freedoms. Freedom from public debt, excessive taxation, intrusive government into private affairs, freedom to receive medical care and medicine like every other Western and "communist" country? Just what kind of freedoms do people expect from their government? Government knows everything you do from bank deposits to phone calls.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A somewhat confused message. It's government that makes sure medical care and medicine are available in all those other countries. And it's not just the government that knows all that shit about your private life.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's not easy being a Jewish dyke.

[​IMG]

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's not so much that people were different a half-century ago as lots of people didn't count as people. And lots of people today really miss that.

Jssst21, Webster and cranberry like this.
  11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You keep trolling me with shit like this and Imma go all Slate Star Codex on your ass.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.