1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you don't understand rational models.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

LOL ... you know just enough about economics to really make an ass of yourself.

QYFW likes this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's my niche in a lot of fields

YankeeFan, QYFW and dixiehack like this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

A jack-ass of many trades, a master of none?

Vombatus likes this.
  5. RickStain

Economists try to convince you that their field is just like physics the way Trump tries to tell you his scorecard is just like what happened on the course.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You just posted three nonsequitors that say nothing and didn't respond at all to my post. In the case of the last one (all demand curves have some inelasticity), it is a head scratcher. I am not sure what it even means. Whatever you're talking about, it has nothing to do with the demand for labor. ... which is highly elastic (i.e. the more it costs, the fewer people who want jobs have jobs).

7. RickStain

Utility shitposter

8. RickStain

They respond perfectly, you just don't get it. If you got it, you wouldn't be you.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I am glad I don't get it. I'd rather have a clue about what I am posting about.

The dismissals (economists think they are physicists; you aren't smart enough to get it) aren't a substitute for disproving the laws of supply and demand.

Whether I am right or wrong. ... I don't just wave my hand and say, "You just don't get it." I support what I have to say. Either the laws of supply and demand exist or they don't. If they don't, help me get it: Why don't the laws of supply and demand apply to the market for labor? Your three nonsequitors (coherent or not) didn't address that.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I figured Spicer's briefing today would be on camera so he could spike the football over the travel ban. Another missed opportunity.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.