1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ludacris says you're wrong:

dixiehack likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

When this thread started my great hope was that Donald Trump's actual job as president would be to read these children's books to groups of toddlers in the Rose Garden while other people ran the country. I've been bitterly disappointed.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I want Donald Trump kept as far away from the youth of America as possible.

Back to more important stuff.

[​IMG]

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Here's one for your daughter, YF. It may keep her up at night, though.

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Clicking on this thread right now is like walking into a tough bar and expecting to see a pool cue broken over somebody's head, and instead everybody's drinking tea with lemon and listening to some guy play lullabies on the harp.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Oh, at the time I assumed he would be sitting on a giant golden throne a good five feet above the children.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

New phone, who this?

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

For the very littles, we loved "Pat the Bunny". "Goodnight Moon" is a perennial. "The Giving Tree". "The Little Prince".

Once he was older we had a great time with the Richard Scarry books. There are a *lot* of those. The "Lowly Worm" books were a particular favorite. Good illustrations as well as writing.

Scarry came and did a lecture at our local public library, which had a good sized meeting room. It was completely packed with parents and their kids, probably close to two hundred people or so. When a boy, maybe ten years old asked him how he came to write children's books, he said "It was because when I was first learning to read, they gave us the very worst books. Here, I'll show you what we got stuck with when we were starting to read." He kinda ran his eyes across the room and then said "See Dick". The audience, as one, responded by chanting "See Dick Run. Run, Dick, Run!" Then the entire room cracked up and the kids were left looking at us like we'd lost our collective minds.

This was maybe 1990 or so, so we were all Boomers. YMMV.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Man, this is taking me back. I'm feeling feelings. Y'all are gonna make me go and put a baby in my wife.

(And I LOVED Lowly the Worm when I was a kid. Had a stuffed one I used to take everywhere.)

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I hope we can all agree. Clifford the Big Red Dog rules. My favorite as a kid. Close second? Curious George. Such a naughty little monkey.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I was a Little Critter man myself.

[​IMG]

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.