1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Wonder what they'll talk about.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Linky and Fakey will make sure we have Louise Mensch's takes.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You know who I never heard blaming the other party for political violence? Charlotte Burks.

Who?

Charlotte Burks is a former Democratic state senator from near where I grew up. She got the job by running as a write-in candidate after her husband Tommy was murdered on his farm a couple of weeks before the election (too late under Tennessee law at the time for him to be replaced on the ballot.) He was not murdered by some random passer by, or by an angry constituent or some rando from the Internet.

He was murdered by his Republican opponent, who was the Putnam County tax assessor.

Byron Looper - Wikipedia

God knows if Charlotte Burks wanted to be bitter or enraged she had a right. But she didn't go around blaming a party or a political philosophy for killing her husband. She considered it the act of a sick individual. There's a lesson in there we'd do well to heed.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm not Jeremy.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yeah. I get it.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

CNN’s Ana Navarro: Trump Is A ‘70-Year-Old Man-Baby’ Acting Like A ‘Mean Girl’

“You realize that what he is doing is not just acting for Donald Trump. He’s acting for all of us. He’s acting for our President, and he is embarrassing. He is shameful. He is disgusting,” Navarro said.

She condemned elected Republicans’
    lukewarm response to Trump’s comments.

“I’m really tired of hearing words like disappointed, like disturbed, like ‘I’m bothered,’ like ‘I wish he wouldn’t do it,'” Navarro said. “It’s time that somebody looks at the camera and looks at him and calls him up and says, ‘Listen, you crazy, lunatic 70-year-old man-baby, stop it. You are now the President of United States, the commander-in-chief, and you need to stop acting like a mean girl. Because we just won’t take it. We won’t vote with you. We won’t work with you.'”

She said Trump “lacks the sufficient character” to be President and is “mean” and “nasty,” an insult Trump once levied against Hillary Clinton.

“We have a President who is immature, unstable and just acts like a crazy person with anybody who attacks him because he’s got thin skin and he is never going to pivot,” Navarro said.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Is the post-9/11 blank check going away?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.