1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I dunno, POTUS ... looks like a 6 to me:

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Again with the blondes and blood.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I've looked at this thread (and the earlier one) a few times in the past year, and I'm curious about something. It's no secret there are people who post on the thread (and the board) primarily to mess with liberals, to — in their minds — hold Democrats accountable, call out double standards and hypocrisy, and so on. I get that it's their entertainment, their daily joy. I get that some people find it entertaining to joust with them. Some of them see it as their calling to be the conscience of journalism, even if they've never worked a day in the profession. There is the steady stream of false equivalencies, posts with tweets from irrelevant or crazy (or both) liberals, and a whole lot of "aha!" that usually isn't the gotcha the poster would like to think. The bulk of the posts from these people — and they know who they are — are not so much pro-Trump as they are anti-liberal, anti-Democrat, playing the role of the gadfly, the daily irritant. Yes, the troll, too.

What I haven't seen is a well-articulated defense of Trump, his administration, his policies, his affect on the well-being of the country and on the world. So I'm asking.

Is there anyone here who thinks Trump is good for the country? That the Republican Party is good for the country? For the world? And if so, why do you think that? Please make your case without bringing up Obama, Hillary, Bill, or any Democrat, or even Bernie. Make your case for Trump and the party that hitched itself to his wagon.

I'll hang up and listen.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You cannot make such a case for one side without talking about the other side. Politics doesn't happen in a vacuum.

I'll say this: The election of Trump has exposed (to a much larger audience) the GOP for its weakness in leadership and the Democrats for their lack of a reasonable response when one is necessary. If there is one good thing that may come out of this, it would be that both sides realize they are a complete mess. Having said that, there is zero percent chance that will happen.

Trump is the logical result of what our two-party system has become.

You can copy and paste this for the other site if you wish.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

White House could offer to roll back sanctions in first Trump-Putin meeting

"Donald Trump has told White House aides to come up with possible concessions to offer as bargaining chips in his planned meeting next week with Vladimir Putin, according to two former officials familiar with the preparations.

National security council staff have been tasked with proposing “deliverables” for the first Trump-Putin encounter, including the return of two diplomatic compounds Russians were ordered to vacate by the Obama administration in response to Moscow’s interference in the 2016 election, the former officials said. It is not clear what Putin would be asked to give in return.

There is strong resistance in the NSC and state department to one-sided concessions aimed simply at improving the tone of US-Russian relations. There is also opposition within the administration to Trump’s preference for a formal bilateral meeting with Putin at the G20 summit in Germany, as first reported by the Associated Press."

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. Joe and Mika asked him to teeet this.

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's much more embarrassing and childish than what the president did.:rolleyes:

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They have their own show and twitter accounts, but they went to CNN's Brian Stelter for help.

That, and that Stelter is referring to people "close to Morning Joe" is funny.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Ironic that he changed his middle name to Low Tax, in that he spent plenty of time living off the taxpayer while in prison.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He criticized the parents of a Gold Star winner.
    He was found talking about grabbing women's pussies.
    He mocked a disabled reporter.

[​IMG]
    Not sure this one makes the top 5.

SnarkShark likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Which speaks volumes about what an asshole he is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.