1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Benghazi! Emails!

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hmmmm ...

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Totally lame, those two. What a bunch of losers.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Sure you can. The fact that you think you can't speaks volumes about where we are with partisan politics, but also about you. And I don't mean that as an attack. If you can't make your case for what you or your "side" bring to the table, whether it's a job or a relationship or a leadership role, without talking about the opposition, something is seriously wrong, and your case is built on opposition, not on a positive vision for the future.

And yes, sadly, that's all too often the case nowadays.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

This gets to the heart of it. Trump does something stupid/ridiculous, his opposition responds by acting more like him than going about their business in a responsible manner. As I've said many times, the people who feel most strongly that Trump is terrible are making it that much easier for him to continue to act out. They're encouraging each other. Neither can help themselves.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Johnny Dangerously

And yeah, I'm not expecting anyone to be willing or able to do what I asked.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Doesn't that say more about you than it does about them?

8. Johnny Dangerously

At least you're predictable. Thank you for helping to confirm once again what I already knew.

But no, it doesn't say that. It says there's no case to be made for Trump as being good for America. Even you know that. And even you know that you know that.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Repeatedly confirming what you already knew seems like a waste of time.

Anyway, what's your point?

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So the response to Fucko's bullshit is supposed to be to hide under the bed.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

All his opponents have to do is act reasonably, which would present their differences in stark contrast. Instead, they act as petulant and ridiculous as he does. You are the perfect example. You think your act makes people think, "Hey, maybe the other side has a point"?

Trump is the rare political creature for whom hearts and minds could be changed -- if the people who are against him weren't such fucking lunatics as well.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Reasoned, calm discourse is the route to success?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.