1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

My responses, that he has been a buffoon and national embarassment, are pretty reasonable, I think.

There is plenty of evidence to support my conclusions.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. Yeah. Trump's a buffoon.

How well were our interests served when the smart guy was in charge?

Obama would have never dealt with Qatar. His own people say he choked in failing to respond Russia. He didn't deal with Noth Korea or Syria. He gave away all the progress we'd made in Iraq and Afghanistan, and enabled the rise of ISIS.

His policies led to a flood of illegal immigrants and his signature health care law is a disaster.

I'll take a buffoon over that.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

No one has any idea what Trump's policies actually are, because he's been on all sides on all issues.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Illegal immigration has been on the decline since 2007.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

One can both acknowledge Obama's foreign policy failings and also recognize the shitshow that is the Trump presidency.

An idiot leading our country will almost surely not lead to any beneficial changes, because he is an idiot.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I'm less bothered by Trump than I am a third of our country ceding their critical thinking skills to a bunch of disc jockies.

Hey Rush - George Bush signed a status of forces agreement which set the specific date of our withdraw from Iraq, and the Iraqi government would not concede on the point of immunity for our troops.

Do the country a favor - Either turn off the radio or unplug from the political process.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Trump is not a leader and has no interest in doing anything other than making sure people think he's wealthy and powerful.

He doesn't give two shits about anything but "winninng"' or being able to claim he won.

Health care is perfect example. He promised all those impossible things while he campaigned. He has no understanding of how complicated it is. So when the awful House bill squeaked by, he holds a big celebration in the Rose Garden. The bill sucked and if it became law it would devastate millions of Americans. But it was a "win."

Instead of actually working, he lets others cobble together a "health care plan" that's just a collection of republican wet dreams of tax cuts and defunding Planned Parenthood. Just like he ran his businesses. Wait until then project is done then slap his name on it. No matter how shitty it is.

That's not leadership. He will never be a leader.

The only real hope I had for Trump was that since he's not really a Republican, he'd actually listen to ideas from both sides.

Nope. He just wants to fight with his "enemies." Those are democrats. And republicans who don't agree with him. And especially members of the free press.

And to all of the republicans who are so concerned about yet other woman-bashing comment, this time Mika, no. No. No. No. You don't get to denounce now. You supported Trump for your own personal power even though you knew he was awful and has no buisiness being president. Own it.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Don't covfefe him with facts.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It already is. We're dealing with Qatar.

We're back to standing with Israel, and we've stopped appeasing Iran.

We're bombing the shit out of ISIS.

And, either China will deal with North Korea, or we will.

10. dixiehack

Can't do it, huh?

11. dixiehack

Don't forget the violence in Chicago was supposed to have been solved by now too.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

And we weren't bombing the shit out of ISIS before?

The map that shows where Barack Obama dropped his 20,000 bombs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.