1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I'm glad the fight against ISIS is going well.

Props to President Obama and Trump, right?

Baron Scicluna and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You can read the actual letter here:

Correspondence PEIC Letter to North Carolina 06282017[1]

It doesn't ask who anyone voted for. It asks for voter history -- that is, what elections persons voted in.

And, it specifically asks for the publicly- available voter roll data. Now, I don't know if any state captures the last four numbers of the Social Security number, and makes it available as public data, but the rest of it is, and is used by campaigns all the time.

Regardless, it only asks for it, if available.

So, let's try to stick to the facts.

In addition, in order for the Commission to fully analyze vulnerabilities and issues related to voter registration and voting, I am requesting that you provide to the Commission the publicly- available voter roll data for North Carolina, including, if publicly available under the laws of your state, the full first and last names of all registrants, middle names or initials if available, addresses, dates of birth, political party (if recorded in your state), last four digits of social security number if available, voter history (elections voted in) from 2006 onward, active/inactive status, cancelled status, information regarding any felony convictions, information regarding voter registration in another state, information regarding military status, and overseas citizen information.

4. YankeeFan

Where'd I say that?

Iraq has declared an end to the Caliphate. ISIS has suffered setbacks on multiple fronts. I didn't say they were defeated.

If you'd like to refute something I actually said, have at it.

5. YankeeFan

Please let me know what Obama did to share in the credit.

6. Justin_Rice

The first six words of your link:

Did you think the campaign against ISIS started on January 20, 2017?

7. YankeeFan

LOL. I wonder if there's any reason why the gains have picked up recently.

8. Justin_Rice

Link?

9. YankeeFan

al-Bagdadi dead. Mosul on the verge of liberation. Raqqa encircled by US backed forces. Territory heald by ISIS down 60%. Revenue down 80%.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

OK, people who are pro-immigration but just anti-illegal-immigration, can we please get a legal immigration program for people who were brought here as children and thus committed no crime whatsoever but are still not documented?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When Springer drags you on dignity - and is correct - something is seriously wrong.

12. Justin_Rice

That's not the link I'm looking for. You said, "the gains have picked up recently."

Here's the actual truth: Your Presidential campaign and your preferred partisan media outlets aren't on the air every day screeching about how bad it's going, therefore it must be because Donald Trump has single handily turned it all around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.